Do giraffes get dizzy when they bend over?
Do you guys know which is the tallest living animal on Earth?
The giraffe is the tallest living animal present on Earth.
- Giraffes belong to the Genus Giraffa.
- They are especially known for their height.
- In general, giraffes are considered to be as tall as a house.
- Their tallness can be explained by the following example – if a giraffe is standing normally, it does not need to expand its neck to reach the second floor of a house!
- Along with the speciality of a towering height, there are other few anatomical features of a giraffe that distinguish it from other animals.
- Giraffes depend on plants and leaves for them to survive and fulfil their appetite.
- A giraffe has very long legs, measuring about 6 feet long.
- Giraffe even has a very long tongue, mostly used to eat the leaves of thorny plants.
- One of the most astounding features of a giraffe is that it has a very big heart, about 2 feet long that can weigh about 11 kilograms.
Have you ever tried to stand up directly from the sleeping position and felt dizzy afterwards? According to science, when there is a sudden rush of blood to the brain it can cause dizziness. Giraffes have such long necks. Does that mean they are also vulnerable to this dizziness?
- No, even though giraffes have such a long neck, they are not vulnerable to dizziness.
- That is because of the presence of a few valves and the extra blood network in them.
- When a giraffe bends at its neck, the valves that are present in the vessels prevent the sudden flow of blood and preventing this dizziness.
- There is a network of capillaries present at the base of the skull of a giraffe that makes the skull more spongy and also helps in regulating normal blood flow.
- A giraffe contains the same number of vertebrae in its spine as a human being. The difference is that their vertebrae are huge in size compared to that of humans.
- Giraffes can only be hunted down by human beings, lions and crocodiles.
- Giraffes only require 5 to 30 minutes of sleep in 24 hours.
- Where does the giraffe live?
- What are the defining characteristics of a giraffe?
- What is the average height of a giraffe?
True or False:
- Giraffes belong to theGenus Leopard.
- The giraffe is the tallest living animal on Earth.
- A giraffe has a very long neck.
- Giraffes are considered as tall as houses.
- Giraffes get dizzy when bending down.
- The ______ is the tallest living animal on Earth.
- Giraffes eat _______ for their survival.
- A giraffe has a very long ______.
- Both 1) and 2).
- None of the above.
- Giraffe’s legs are _______ long.
- 7 feet.
- 6 feet.
- 12 feet.
- 9 feet.
- Giraffe’s heart weighs about _____.
- 11 kilograms.
- 12 kilograms.
- 13 kilograms.
- 14 kilograms.