We all know that the purpose of museums is to gather, preserve, interpret, and exhibit things of artistic, cultural, or scientific significance for the education of the public.
Despite some people consider it as a monotonous place. Museums possess the capability to build solidarity on both a social and political level and local. It contributes a fabulous hall to get to know the history of a particular area, helps to develop our perspective on the future.
- primarily you will learn a lot about the past.
- encourage you to stand strong in face of adversity.
- computerized discovery, intercommunication.
- tutor the future generation
Let’s head back to where it all started
Mouseion sounds fancy right? It’s a greek word that meant “seat of the Muses”, primarily created in 530 BC by Ennigaldi Nanna, a hoarder of Mesopotamian antiques. Later this was mimicked by following her engrossing tradition.
We all know that museums have been a part of our history for thousands of years, and their passé has been renovated, but the history was peculiar.
- Greek wing, where temples were built with offerings of sculptures, mosaics, and baffling scientific equipment, poetic inscription.
- You will find yourself lost near the Roman empire wing where they have preserved the proofs of the treasure house of politicians, the famous lion, and gladiator.
- Later in the Renaissance where they showcased the study of natural world was encouraged after western ignorance, wunderkammers of the 17th century, etc.
- Louvre museum 1793 allowed all members of the public into the museum 3 days a week
- Circus organs in the 1840s by Phineas T.Barnum initiated in Barnum’s American Museum in New York City as a lecture hall, zoo, wax museum, theatre, etc.
- In the 19th century, the Smithson museum by Englishman James Smithson, an establishment for the escalated and diffusion of knowledge.
Hindrances were that only the upper and middle class could enter the initial public museums on specific days with permission. But later as days passed by everything changed and museums became centers for wisdom and exploration purposes which were entitled as Museum age.
So go ahead and visit the museums near you, It’s the real place where time is transformed into space.