10 Good Movies for Tweens to Watch With Family
Movies are a pronounced source of knowledge. Through films kids even adults learn in abundance. It can affect the mind in a positive or a negative way, depends on what film you choose for your kids to watch. Here are 10 noteworthy movies that kids should watch which will leave a significant impact on kid’s minds in a constructive way.
The list includes all kinds of movies from princess tales, classic musicals, and animated characters to superhero adventures. These movies could be enjoyed with the whole family.
Good Movies for Tweens
- IMDB Rating: 8.4/10
- Released Year: 2017
- Genre: Action & Adventure, Animation, Comedy, Kids & Family
- Running Time: 1 hr 49 min
- Awards: Coco won Oscar Award for Best Animated Feature Film and Best Original Song ” Remember Me”.
- Description: Coco’s concept is inspired by the Mexican holiday ‘Day of the Dead’.Its a very creative, colorful, beautifully animated, and culturally sensitive movie. It’s a 3D Computer Animated Fantasy Movie. Coco follows the story of a 12-year-old boy named Miguel who wants to become a great musician like his ideal Ernesto de la Cruz but his family has a ban on music and accidentally he was transported to the Land of the Dead where he refused to take blessings from his whole deceased ancestors and looked for his deceased musician great-great-grandfather to get his blessing and return to the living among his family and to oppose his family’s ban on music.
- Moral: That, Family is Everything, you must never forget and never leave your family, they must be respected. Also, it teaches us that one should respect their family even when they pass.
- IMBD Rating: 7.4/10
- Released Year:2013
- Genre: Action, Adventure, Mystery, Thriller, Fantasy, Comedy, Romance, Animation, Family Friendly, Musical.
- Running Time: 1hr 42 min
- Awards: Frozen won two Academy Awards for Best Animated Feature and Best Original Song (Let it go).
- Description: Frozen is inspired by Hans Christian Andersen’s 1844 fairy tale “The Snow Queen”.It’s an amazingly animated movie with great songs. Its a story of two sisters Princess Elsa and Anna where Elsa has a unique magical power that allows her to create ice and snow, which she is not able to control that leads to trapped their kingdom in perpetual winter and she tries to escape from the world to not to harm them any further but her fearless sister Anna with mountaineer Kristoff and his reindeer sidekick try to find Snow Queen Elsa and break her icy spell to save their kingdom. It has a sequel Frozen II which was released in 2019, it is also a great movie that goes deeper and digs into Elsa and Anna’s background and tells from where Elsa got magical power and how she reached there. Both the movies are stunningly animated.
- Moral: Family comes first, Let it go, Be yourself, Dream big nothing is impossible.
- IMBD Rating: 7/10
- Released Year:2019
- Genre: Children’s Film, Animation, Comedy, Adventure, Fantasy.
- Running Time:1 hr 37 min
- Awards: Abominable won African -American Film Critics Association (AAFCA) Award for Best Animated Feature.
- Description: Abominable is a very adventurous and pleasing movie, it has many strong and positive messages for kids to learn. The movie is about a teenage girl named Yi, who comes across a young Yeti on the roof of her apartment building in the country biggest city Shanghai, and she named him Everest, she decided to take the magical creature (Everest) back to his family to reunite them at the highest point on Earth Mount Everest along with her friends Jin and Peng, but they have to get prepared to stay ahead of Burnish, a wealthy man who wants to catch a Yeti, and zoologist Dr. Zara and help Everest to get back to his home safely. This movie will make you realize to never underestimate animated movies.
- Moral: Family is important, Believe in yourself, Travel to know the unknown world.
4. Red shoes and the seven dwarfs
- IMBD Rating:6.3/10
- Released Year:2019
- Genre: Animation, Children’s Family, Adventure, Romance, Comedy, Action, Fantasy.
- Running Time:1hr 32 min
- Awards: Not Available
- Description: Red Shoes and the Seven Dwarfs is a South Korean animated movie. This movie is based on the German fairy tale Snow White by the Brothers Grimm and its name from the Danish fairy tale Red Shoes. It’s an underrated movie. Its a story of a Princess named Snow White, an overweight but very strong and kind girl. When she puts on magical red shoes it transforms her into a beautiful, thin princess and its also about 7 boys Merlin, Arthur, Jack, Hans, Pino, Noki, Kiyo who is known as Fearless Seven due to a curse by a princess whom they initially saved but later attack due to her look which seem to be like a witch for giving them lesson she turned them into the seven green dwarfs and to break the curse they have to kiss “the most beautiful woman in the world” which they doubt will happen due to their looks.
- Moral: Don’t Judge anyone on their looks, Look for the character of people not their looks.
- IMBD Rating:8.2/10
- Released Year:2009
- Genre: Action & Adventure, Animation, Comedy Drama, Kids & Family
- Running Time: 1hr 36 min
- Awards: Up won Oscar Award for Best Animated Feature Film.
- Description: Up is a very touching, delightful, and heartwarming movie. It is a beautiful movie about an old widower Carl Fredricksen who is a balloon seller, he goes on an adventure in his flying house by tying it with thousands of ballons in search of Paradise Falls, his late wife Ellie’s lifelong dream destination meanwhile he meets with an earnest boy named Russell, a large unique bird and a talking dog who take him to another great adventure. Its a movie which shows how different and unlikely Carl and Russell are but still they end up becoming great friends.
- Moral: Never Give Up, There is no age for Adventure, Always look ahead in life.
6. The Jungle Book
- IMDB Rating:7.4/10
- Released Year:2016
- Genre: Action & Adventure, Kids & Family Friendly
- Running Time:1 hr 51 min
- Awards: The Jungle Book won an Academy Award, Satellite Award, and Critics Choice Movie Award for Best Visual Effects.
- Description: The Jungle Book movie is based on the same name book, its a collection of multiple stories by Rudyard Kipling. This movie is inspired by Disney’s classic animated film on the same name which released in 2003. Its a story of a young man-cub Mowgli who learns to live life among wolves and all the animals in the jungle, but when Shere Khan(the villainous tiger ) threatens his life, a black panther named Bagheera offers to take Mowgli to man-village where he will be safe from the tiger. Along the way, Mowgli gets tangled up in a series of encounters with a sly snake named Kaa and the smooth-talking King Louie, and a lazy bear named Baloo, who quickly becomes his guide and a great friend to the ‘bear necessities’ of life.
- Moral: Don’t be Coward, Help Others, Face Your Fears (Overcome Your Fears), Every species is necessary to run this planet.
7. The Lion King
- IMBD Rating:8.5/10
- Released Year:1994
- Genre: Action & Adventure, Drama, Animation, Kids & Family.
- Running Time:1hr 29 min
- Awards: The Lion King won an Academy Awards for its achievement in music.
- Description: The Lion King is acclaimed as the Jewel of Animation. Its a great plot, funny and captivating characters, and the most celebrated soundtrack in a kid’s film. Based on “Hamlet” by William Shakespeare. Its a tale of a young lion cub named Simba who cannot wait to take his proud father Mufasa’s place as the King of the Pride Rocks this makes Simba’s villainous uncle Scar jealous of him, Simba finds himself in a life-changing situation when his father is murdered by Scar and he feels responsible for his demise and runs away from his home. He meets with two outcast Timon and Pumba soon they become great friends and he learns their way of living life that is “Hakuna Matata” means don’t worry. Simba returns to his homeland as an adult with his childhood friend Nala to take back the kingdom from Scar and returning the natural order to the Circle of life.
- Moral: “Hakuna Matata” means don’t worry about anything, Show, and give respect.
- IMBD Rating:8/10
- Released Year:1992
- Genre: Animation, Children’s Movie, Romance, Comedy, Fantasy, Adventure, Musical.
- Running Time:1 hr 31 min
- Awards: It won a Grammy Awards and two Academy Awards for its soundtrack.
- Description: Aladdin is an Evergreen movie, it is based on the Arabic folk tale “Aladdin” from One Thousand and One Nights. Animated Aladdin is more fun for kids than the live-action film Aladdin which released in 2019. This film is about a man named Aladdin who is a street urchin who lives in a large and busy town the Agrabah with his faithful monkey friend Abu. One day he meets Princess Jasmine, daughter of the Sultan, and falls in love with her. His luck suddenly changes when he retrieves a magical carpet and magical lamp from the Cave of Wonders containing a genie in it, Genie turned him to a wealthy prince, Prince Ali so as to he can impress the Sultan and her daughter. Somehow they know is that the Sultan’s ominous advisor Jafar has plans for them. Can Aladdin save Princess and his love for her after she knows that he isn’t quite what he seems to be?
- Moral: Be yourself, You must believe in yourself even when others doubt you, Value Friendship, Don’t be greedy.
9. WALL – E
- IMBD Rating:8.4/10
- Released Year:2008
- Genre: Animation, Romance, Fantasy, Children’s Movie, Comedy, Adventure, Science Fiction.
- Running Time:1hr 37min
- Awards: WALL-E won Academy Award for Best Animated Picture, People Choice Award for Favorite Family Award, Satellite Award for Best Animated or Mixed Media Feature.
- Description: WALL-E is a mind-blowing film showcasing how mankind is hurting the Earth.In the distant future where mankind has abandoned Earth because there is so much trash on it from the product sold by the MNCs.WALL-E garbage collecting robot with a habit of picking up everything which he finds interesting. He lives alone on the planet to clean up the mess. He has the last living plant pet cockroach. He spots EVE, a sleek and dangerous probe who has been sent to look for a living plant, he falls in love with her. He gives her a plant that sends her in sleep mode and when the spaceship comes back to take her WALL-E goes with her on a journey that will ultimately decide the future of mankind.
- Moral: Respect the value of work, Value of relationships over materialistic things.
- IMBD Rating:7.2/10
- Released Year:2010
- Genre: Animation, Children’s Film, Comedy, Superhero, Action, Science fiction.
- Running Time:1hr 36min
- Awards: Megamind won African -American Film Critics Association (AAFCA) Award for Top Box Office Film.
- Description: This film tells the story of a supervillain alien named Megamind who is extremely intelligent after a lasting battle one day actually destroys his lifelong enemy, the much-loved and admired superhero named Metro Man. Having Metro City for himself, Megamind finds out that he has no purpose, and thus he creates a new superhero to serve him as his rival. His plan fails, as he ends up creating a new supervillain. With Metro City getting out of control, Megamind takes efforts to make things right and he discovers that he turns into a superhero.
- Moral: Don’t compare yourself with anybody, Your Life is your responsibility, Be Real, Beware of your closest associate.
Intimated with the above information? there is much to learn through these films, go ahead watch these movies and if you don’t, you will be missing a lot of fun.