What does my brain do?
The brain is like the central controller of the entire human body. It works effortlessly and continuously to ensure that all bodily functions are being performed correctly for our survival.
Let’s learn a little bit more about the brain.
We need our brain in order to think, move, see, hear, and speak – in short, every bit of work that needs to be done in order to make the human body function. We use it to understand the world around us, as well as to feel emotions, such as love, anger, and excitement.
Without the brain, we would not be able to do anything at all.
Nerve Cells In The Brain
The brain is made up of innumerable nerve cells, called neurons. They send signals to each other, like electricity traveling through wires.
Functions Of The Brain
As we noted, the brain is the main control system and responsible for everything that goes on in the body.
Let us look at some of the different, specialised functions of the brain, in retrospect to the various parts of the brain:
Who are you:
The front part of our brain controls how we think and behave.
What you say:
Just behind it, lies the section that controls the brain when we speak.
What you hear:
Up next is that portion of the brain to which your ears send signals in order for you to listen and comprehend sound.
How you move:
At the top portion of the brain is the segment that controls the movement of your muscles, thus facilitating the entire movement of your body.
What you feel:
Behind this part, is the emotional centre for your brain, a part that allows you to understand the feeling when you touch something. It is responsible for processing all the emotions that one can feel.
The central portion of the brain is the spot that figures out what words actually mean and helps us process things when we read, listen and learn.
What you see:
At the bottom right, is the part of the brain responsible for the function of vision. It is here where the eyes send signals to the brain, and helps one understand what they are seeing.
How you breathe:
The brain stem or medulla, controls your breathing and how fast your heart beats.
- Your brain is covered with deep grooves and wrinkles.
- The brain uses about one-fifth of the body’s total energy.
- What do you mean by the lobes of the brain?
- How does the brain coordinate with the heart?
- What do you mean by brain freeze?
- The brain is the _______ controller of the human body.
- Brain covers _______ weight of the total body.
- There are ______ neurons in the brain.
- The ______ part of the brain controls the breathing in humans.
- Brain is responsible for _________ that we do.
True Or False:
- The brain helps process feelings and emotions.: _______
- All parts of the body do not send signals to the brain: ______
- The central part of the brain controls your thinking and understanding capabilities : _______
- Nerve cells in brain are called tendons: ______
- The top portion of the brain controls our movement: ______