Why don’t polar bears eat penguins?
- The scientific name of polar bear is Ursus Maritimus.
- Polar bear belongs to the hyper-carnivorous type of animal.
- Hyper-carnivorous are those animals whose 70% of diet consist of meat, and the other remaining percent that is about 30% include non-animal diet.
- Polar bear are said to be the native of Arctic Circle.
- Arctic circle can include Arctic Ocean, lands surrounding Arctic Ocean along with surrounding seas.
- Polar bear is said to be the largest extant bear species along with the tag of extant land carnivore [extant- still in existence/alive].
- The scientific name of penguin is spheniscidae.
- Penguins belongs to the class of Aves, and they are the flightless group of aquatic birds.
- Penguins are said to spend half of their life on water and half of their life inside water, they feed on underwater species such as krill, fish, squid, etc.
- Penguins are specifically found to live on just Southern Hemisphere of Earth with exception to just one species.
- This exceptional species is known as Galapagos Penguin, and it is found to live in North of Equator.
- Although all penguins are said to live in cold climate such as Antarctica, some penguins are found to live in temperate zone also.
Why don’t polar bears eat penguin?
- The best possible answer to this question can be just given hypothetically.
- Because there never has been co-existing of both the species together ever.
- Polar bear and penguin both are found to live at two different poles, making it difficult for them to co-exist naturally.
- The best possible reason to this question can be given as the reason of different habitat place.
- However, if combined in the future, penguin can become a great snack for polar bears.
- There is one old joke regarding the reason why polar bear cant eat penguin, it states that polar bear cant get off the wrappings of penguins to eat them.
- Polar bear are black not white, they appear white because of the presence of its translucent fur which reflects visible light appearing white to us.
- Penguins are not afraid of human being, can be given a reason that they never had any land predator in Antarctica.
- What are the characteristics of Polar Bear?
- What are the characteristics of Penguin?
- Who all animals can hunt penguin?
True or False:
- Polar bear are omnivorous type of animal.
- Penguin eats fishes for its survival.
- Penguin belongs to the group of mammals.
- Polar bear belongs to the group of Aves.
- Polar bear spend almost all of their life in water only.
- Spheniscidae is the scientific name of ______.
- Polar Bear.
- All of the above.
- Galapagos penguin is found to live at __________.
- North Pole of Equator.
- South Pole of Equator.
- West Pole of Equator.
- East Pole of Equator.
- Polar bear are _________ type of animals.
- ________ are native to Arctic Circle.
- Polar Bear.
- Penguin belongs to the class of _______.