- Bears are the mammalian animal belonging to the family of Ursidae.
- Bears comes under the phylum Chordata and infraorder Arctoidea.
- The basic characteristics of bear includes large bodies with stocky legs, long snouts, small rounded ears, bushy hair and short tail.
- Bears are known to have Plantigrade claws also.
- Plantigrade claws means a way of walking in which both the toes and heel touch the ground. For example, human like walk.
- Along with Plantigrade claw, bears have five non-retractile claws.
- Bears can be just carnivorous , r it can be omnivorous depending on the species and their habitats.
- Bears can climb, run and swim irrespective of their giant body.
Has anyone of you seen the Jungle Book movie? Have you seen bears eating honey in that movie? Or have you ever heard about a bear eating honey? Is it possible? Let us get to know that here.
- Yes, bears loves to eat honey.
- Not only they are attracted to honey, but they also eat larvae and pupae along with honey.
- Bears love to eat honey till such an extent that they do not bother about bee stung or anything related to it.
- Bear’s fur is thick enough to bot allow a bee to sting in it easily, however, a bee can sting on face and ears of bear.
- Sun bear are most famous for the liking towards honey.
- Bears are known to have excellent sense of smell, sight and hearing.
- Bears can climb up, ride the tops down, get off and then climb again just for fun.
- Bear skulls have different anatomy to just adapt for different kind of foods they can eat.
- In what kind of climate a bear can live?
- What are some famously known species of bear?
- How does a bear help in human daily life?
True or False:
- Bears belong to the mammal group.
- Bears belong to the reptile group.
- Bears belong to the phylum Annelida.
- Bears belong to the infraorder of Arctoidea.
- Bears do not eat honey.
- Bears belong to the _________ group.
- Both 1) and 2).
- None of the above.
- Bears have _______ tails.
- All of the above.
- Bears have _______ non-retractile claws.
- Bears have ________ ears.
- Small rounded.
- Small rectangular.
- Large rounded.
- Large rectangular.
- Bear loves to eat ________.
- All of the above.