How many stars are there?
Stars are luminous balls made up of gases, especially hydrogen and helium. They are bound together by their own gravity.
They are found in the galaxy in great numbers.
- A galaxy is a collection of gas, dust, and stars along with their own solar systems all bound together by their gravity.
- The galaxy in which planet earth resides is called the milky way.
- Each galaxy consists of a centre that is filled with a black hole.
- A black hole is a point in space through which no light or particle can escape.
- Apart from this, it includes dust clouds, gas and solar systems.
- The solar system of the milky way consists of a Star called Sun and eight planets orbiting around it.
- Galaxies can be of four certain shapes.
- Elliptical, lenticular, spiral and irregular are the different shapes of galaxies.
- Our galaxy, the milky way is a type of spiral galaxy.
- These shapes are determined by the nucleus and its arms of galaxies.
- The stars from the galaxy, milky way can be seen through naked eyes as a band of stars which, however, cannot be distinguished from one another.
- The sun is the star of the milky way.
- All the eight planets revolve around it.
- Earth is one of the planets present in the solar system.
- Apart from this, there are billions of stars present in our milky way.
- If we go by scientist, there are about 100 billion stars present in our galaxy.
- With the solar system and stars, our milky way also consists of gases and dust particles.
- The closest galaxy to our milky way is called “Andromeda”. It is 2.6 million light-years away from us.
- Our galaxy is 13.51 billion years old.
- One of the planets from our solar system named Pluto is even smaller than the united states.
- Describe in detail about milky way.
- What is the sun?
- Name eight planets of our solar system.
True or False:
- Stars are luminous balls of gas.
- The Sun is a star.
- Our galaxy is named the solar system.
- The solar system consists of the sun and eight planets orbiting around it.
- Earth is one of the planets of the solar system.
- Stars are bound by their own _______.
- Gravitational force.
- Stars are luminous ball composed of mainly __________.
- Both 1) and 2).
- None of the above.
- Our galaxy is named as ________.
- Milky way.
- Wavy way.
- Star way.
- Solar system.
- There are total ______ planets in our solar system.
- There are ______ different shapes of a galaxy.