Preschool is the first step of your child’s education where your children learn to communicate with their teachers and fellow students and it is the right place for a child’s lifelong progress. If you are looking for a preschool in Hobart which provides a great learning experience that will have a greater impact on your child, then you have come to the right place. So here is the list of preschools and childcare in Hobart:
- Best Preschool and Childcare in Hobart, TAS (Australia)
- 1. Lady Gowrie Tasmania- Family Day Care
- 2. Goodstart early learning Hobart
- 3. Lady Gowrie Tasmania Integrated Centre for Children & Families
- 4. New Horizons Preschool
- 5. Child’s Play Early Learning -Day Care Center
- 6. Friends’ Early learning Center
- 7. Discover Early Learning Centre & OSHC-Dominic
- 8. Stepping stones children’s services
Best Preschool and Childcare in Hobart, TAS (Australia)
1. Lady Gowrie Tasmania- Family Day Care
Lady Gowrie Tasmania provides a great learning experience for children. They have nurturing, natural, and flexible home-like environments. They provide a program to children up to 13 years of age and provide individualized learning programs. Teachers recognize the importance of continuous improvement and organize children a range of activities and engage them in professional development.
They are committed to providing the highest quality education for students and give them the best start for life. Their curriculum is play-based that engages children in learning and helps them to stay active throughout the day.
They have 5 learning goals that help children to develop:
- Sense of their identity
- Connections with their world
- Strong sense of well-being
- Effective communication learning
They have programs that develop child’s interests, strengths, abilities, and many more.
- Location- 229 Campbell St, North Hobart TAS 7000, Australia
- Website- https://gowrie-tas.com.au/family-day-care/
- Contact- +61 3 6230 6810
2. Goodstart early learning Hobart
Goodstart early learning provides the child learning experiences which are directly related to individual interests and needs. They provide an opportunity and freedom to children to explore independently, be creative, and initiate further experiences. They recognize the well-being of the whole child and offer a wide range of outdoor and physical experiences. They provide programs to nursery (6 weeks to 12 months), toddlers (2-3 years), and preschool (3-6 years). They provide a personalized approach to a child’s learning based on the specific needs and interests of each child.
They have a quality early learning center and nurturing home environment which will be a perfect combination for your kids to develop their full potential. Their programs include a high-quality program, qualified teachers, school readiness, evidence-based learning, a stimulating learning environment, play-based learning, and flexibility.
- Location- 108A Bathurst St, Hobart TAS 7000, Australia
- Website- https://www.goodstart.org.au/about-us
- Contact- +61 1800 222 543
3. Lady Gowrie Tasmania Integrated Centre for Children & Families
Family Day Care provides education and cares in nurturing, natural, and flexible home environments. They offer individualized learning programs and provide care during evenings, standard hours, before and after school, and during school holidays. Passionate, qualified, experienced early childhood professionals are found here.
Their curriculum provides children with opportunities to develop:
- A strong sense of their identity.
- Connections with their world.
- A strong sense of wellbeing.
- Confidence and involvement in the learning.
- Effective commutation skills.
Their curriculum is based on “Lady Tasmania Long Day Care” and “Family Daycare curriculum” for children from birth to five years of age.
- Location- 346 Macquarie St, South Hobart TAS 7004, Australia
- Website- https://gowrie-tas.com.au/
- Contact- +61 3 6230 6806
4. New Horizons Preschool
New Horizons Preschool provides a great learning experience for children and their families. They have a Reggio Emilia-inspired preschool with highly qualified, experienced teachers and encourage wonder, investigation, discovery, and exploration. They create an engaging and inspiring learning environment for children which mainly focuses on creating relationships and making connections. Educators use documentation to reflect a child’s learning process, to increase the child’s thinking level, and help them to explore learning in every possible way, and offer children creative expressions that are collaborative.
Teachers provide practical opportunities to examine some options and make connections, problem-solving and go deeper with learning and inspire joy, wonder, and curiosity. Their classrooms are carefully designed with an exploration of lights, open-ended materials, and a good environment that plays a crucial role and supports interaction.
- Location- 57 Giblin St, Lenah Valley TAS 7008, Australia
- Website- https://newhorizonspreschool.com.au/
- Contact- +61 3 6228 1500
5. Child’s Play Early Learning -Day Care Center
Child’s Play Early Learning provides early childhood education to children which are aged between 6 weeks to 5 years old. They have qualified teachers who ensure a holistic approach for learning with documented pictures and outcomes. They have Reggio-Emilia-based childhood programs for children aged three months to six years. Their programs are based on the following principles:
- Children should be having some control over the direction of learning.
- Listening, moving, and observing must be learned through experience.
- Exploring opportunities
They have qualified teachers who create a curriculum that is specially designed for children and provide a full report to their parents. They also have an in-house cook who provides morning tea, lunch, and afternoon tea for all children.
- Location- 34 Degraves St, South Hobart TAS 7004, Australia
- Website- https://www.childsplayearlylearning.com.au/
- Contact- +61 3 6109 4904
6. Friends’ Early learning Center
Started in 1887 “Friends’ Early learning Center” provides quality education that values integrity, community, equality, and justice. They engage children academically in a safe and secure environment. They provide programs to children aged 12 weeks to 4 years. They help children to develop peaceful relationships, self-regulation, and communication skills that support children to understand themselves and the world around them.
Their curriculum is based on Reggio Emilia Approach and the International Baccalaureate’s Primary years program for early learners. Teachers are very kind and loving, they give attention to every single child and support their curiosity and imagination. Their approach increases bonding between teacher and children which promotes the establishment of secure and respectful relationships. They have play-based learning increases exploration, creativity, curiosity, and social awareness.
- Location- 395 Argyle St, North Hobart TAS 7002, Australia
- Website- https://www.friends.tas.edu.au/learning/early-years/
- Contact- +61 3 6210 2276
7. Discover Early Learning Centre & OSHC-Dominic
Discover Early Learning Centre & OSHC-Dominic provides a great learning experience for children. It guides children through play-based learning which fosters their natural curiosity and open minds to the future. They offer Long Day Care, Vacation Care, and pre-kindergarten programs to children from birth to 12 years old. Their center is made up of highly qualified and experienced early learning educators who help children to imagine, explore, and discover.
Their early learning programs help to nurture your child’s creativity through play-based learning. Educators create a safe, nurturing, and happy environment for children and their programs will be specifically designed for your child to help them function independently.
- Location- 204A Tolosa St, Glenorchy TAS 7010, Australia
- Website- https://discoveryelc.com.au/
- Contact- +61 3 6273 6005
8. Stepping stones children’s services
Stepping stones children’s services create a personalized experience for every single child who walks through their doors. They have over 25 years of experience and offer the highest quality care and education for children and their families. They provide programs from 6 weeks to 12 years of age. In addition to that, they provide long daycare, before school care, after-school care, and vacation care.
From their curriculum children tend to learn important life skills such as decision making, problem-solving, empathy, and communication. The after-school care programs usually invite children to assist running and activity or help them packing away items and cleaning up. These help children to understand their roles and responsibilities away from home.
- Location- 21 Creek Rd, Lenah Valley TAS 7008, Australia
- Website- https://www.steppingstonesaustralia.com.au/
- Contact- +61 3 6425 3499
These are the best preschools and childcare in Hobart which helps children to grow, learn and thrive. The above-mentioned preschools have play-based learning which helps them to become active learners and help children become independent, self-confident, and inquisitive learners.