Have you guys ever heard the word Coral? If not, let us learn it today through this article.
What is coral?
- Corals are the marine invertebrate animals.
- They belong to the phylum Cnidaria and class Anthozoa.
- They are typically formed by the compact colonies of similar animals mostly called as polyps.
Is Coral Alive?
- Although the external look of coral looks like the non-living thing such as rock.
- They are found to bee the living thing.
- Because, coral is made up of compact group formed by the identical living organism called as polyp.
- The cluster formed by the little invertebrates living organism is said to be alive, irrespective if its outside look of a rock.
- Corals are the living organism just like us.
- They grow on the structural support such as rock.
- Corals are attached to one spot only for their lifetime.
- A coral group is made up of small organism called as polyps.
- Polyp are a sac like structured animal with few centimeters height and few millimeters in diameter.
- Polyps consist of a set of tentacles around the mouth of it.
- Even though, the coral is set up at a single spot, the tentacles of the polyps can move up to its size and ability.
- This movement of tentacles helps the coral to get a prey for itself.
- Most of the coral reefs are not found deep inside the water, reason can be said as they need sunlight for their growth.
- Coral reefs are also found to be useful as they clean up the seawater.
- Coral reefs are found to be stabilizing the sea bed.
- What is coral reef?
- What are the types of coral reef?
- Who all are the prey of coral?
True or False:
- Corals are the vertebrate animals.
- Corals belong to the phylum Chordata.
- Corals are said to be as a non-living thing.
- Corals can move freely anywhere in the sea.
- The tentacles of polyps can move under its ability.
- Coral belongs to thee phylum _______.
- Corals are made up of compact colony of identical thing called as _______.
- Corals are _________.
- Living organism.
- Non-living organism.
- Both 1) and 2).
- None of the above.
- Polys are _______ like structure.
- The movement done by tentacles helps the polyps to get its ______.
- All of the above.