Whether you are a novice or a seasoned artist or crafter, having the right supplies is key to creating beautiful and unique projects. Knowing what supplies to buy and how to use them can be a daunting task, but with a little bit of research and practice, you will be able to assemble a basic collection of art and craft supplies that will last you for years.
Art and craft supplies come in all shapes and sizes, from paints and brushes to fabric and paper. Depending on the projects you plan to make, it can be helpful to assemble a basic collection of supplies that you can use for a variety of projects. Here is a list of essential supplies for art and craft projects:
- Paints: Paints come in a variety of forms, from traditional art paints such as acrylics, watercolors, and oils, to spray paints and fabric paints. Select a few basic colors of each type of paint to get started.
- Brushes: Paintbrushes come in a variety of sizes, shapes, and materials. Choose a few different sizes and shapes to work with a variety of paints and projects.
- Paper: Paper is essential for many art and craft projects. Choose a variety of sizes and textures of paper for drawing, painting, and crafting.
- Fabric: Fabric is essential for sewing and crafting projects. Choose a few basic colors and textures of fabric for your projects.
- Glue and Adhesives: Glue and adhesives are essential for many crafting projects. Have a variety of types on hand, from hot glue guns and glue sticks to liquid glues and double-sided tape.
- Scissors: Scissors are essential for cutting paper, fabric, and other materials. Have a few different types of scissors on hand, from standard scissors to craft scissors with special blades.
More supplies you may need
• Markers • Yarn • Embroidery thread • Beads • Buttons • Clay • Paper • Cardstock • Glitter • Stickers • Mod Podge • Stencils • Ribbon • Washi tape • Foam sheets • Felt • Sequins • Pipe Cleaners • Paper punches • Heat transfer paper
These are just a few of the basic art and craft supplies you should have on hand. As you become more experienced, you can add more complicated supplies to your collection. With the right supplies, you can create beautiful and unique projects that will last a lifetime.