This is a worksheet which you can give your students and kids to understand and learn about sea animals. This is a printable worksheet having 5 pages with different activities to learn with fun. Here we have identify and match activity, selecting correct name of sea animals by seeing their pictures, tracing the first word of sea animals for beginners and word search which are very easy and fun activities which you can provide your students and kids to learn.
Things we will learn:-
- what are sea animals?
- List of Sea Animals
- Varieties of Sea Animals in detail
By hearing the word sea the first thing which comes in our mind is water, shells, corals, sand, fish, sea animals and many more. So basically what are this sea animals? Let us Understand.
What are Sea Animals?
Animals which lives in water for most or all of it’s lifetime and known as Sea Animals. These animals may breathe with lungs and gills by extracting the oxygen dissolved in the water. Aquatic animals living in freshwater are known as Freshwater animals and animals living in saltwater such as sea, oceans etc. are called Marine Animals.
Types of Animals
Vertebrates possess a backbone and an internal skeleton. They are comparatively larger than Invertebrates. For example:-Mammals, Fish, Reptiles, etc.
Invertebrates do not possess a backbone nor an internal skeleton. They are mostly small in size than vertebrates. For Example:-Flatworms, insects, sponges, etc.
List of Sea Animals
- Turtle(Sea Turtle)
- Small Fishes
Sea Animals in detail
- This fish are small in size and take a breathe using gills and they have fins which helps them to swim in water.
- Dolphins are the most beautiful, intelligent and friendly sea animals. They are basically mamals and not fish. They have lungs to breathe and the young ones live with their mothers until they turn 3 years old.
- A shark is big in size and has a long, slim and a straight body which helps it to swim fast and deep in sea. Shark can attack humans but they don’t eat them as humans lack fat.
- Whales are they largest animals. Whales are not fish they do not have gills, so they cannot breathe underwater. They must come up to the surface of the water to get air. The air is breathed in and out through their “blowhole,” which is on their back.
- Turtle is a creature living on both water and land and has four legs and a long neck. The body is covered with armor. This armor is hard as stone. They have been on earth far earlier than 220 million years and survived extreme weather changes which removed out even the dinosaurs.
- One of the few animals with blue blood. Octopus looks like a bag and have 8 arms. Octopuses are considered as the most intelligent of all the invertebrates.
- A seahorse is a carnivorous fish shaving long tail bent neck and it’s head looks like horse. Seahorse are very bad swimmer. Male seahorse carries baby instead of female seahorses.
- Crabs walks sidewalk. They can swim and have two claws. Crabs have shells and eats plant and animals.
- Jellyfish looks like a jelly. They don’t have brain, heart, bones and head, and have soft body structure. They can glow in the dark surface.
- They have 5 arms some could have about 20 to 40 arms as well and look like a star shape. They are heavy .They can change their gender at anytime. Female produces millions of eggs. They can regenerate a body part within a year.
On the basis of the characteristics and information about sea animals mentioned above you have to solve the following worksheets.
Sea Animals Worksheets for Kindergarten
See carefully and think about the Characteristics and tick the correct name of sea animals.
In this you have to search word from the word puzzle and identify the correct sea animal and write according.
Hope you liked these worksheets. Please check out our collection of beautiful and creative worksheets for your kids.